Saturday, February 1, 2014

Weekly reflection #1

This week as I began to learn python before I could even jump into programming I had to learn how to use the required tools. First I had to go download and install a program called Notepad++. Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports many different languages(different programming Python, Ruby, Java..etc). [Screenshots will be here] After installing Notepad++ I thought I could just right in and get to learning python, but along the way I kept receiving errors, after multiple attempts I soon came to realize that I have to download python from it's official website because the one installed with Notepad++ did not work. I thought I'd be jumping right into learning how to program, I was completely wrong. Before this book teaches you how to do anything with code, you have to learn the vocabulary, which I understand, this book seems to go off of the know what it means before we teach you it method. Most programming books have been known to teach and tell(they tell you what to type then explain what you did). Although the chapters aren't this long, I'll probably read them a week at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment